Halloween is a special time in the Bay Area. Our weather might only drop a few degrees and most of our trees won’t even change colors, but rest assured Halloween is right around the corner. No matter where you are in the Bay Area, there are plenty of Halloween events for you to choose from! Whether it’s with friends, kids, or pets, here are a variety of events we think you’ll enjoy.
Follow Mr. Chuck Finnley on Instagram (@chuckiechihuahua) here.
- Ghost Hunt Walking Tour
- Sept 30 – Oct 31 (closed Tuesdays), Healing Arts Center, 1801 Bush St. at 7pm
- A guided, lantern-lit stroll through Pacific Heights with an overview of some of San Francisco’s most scandalous and overlooked histories.
- Nightmare Before Pinkmas
- Oct 4 – Nov 7, Museum of Ice Cream, 1 Grant Ave.
- This haunted town adventure takes guests through an imaginative journey to trick-or-treat, featuring the Town Outskirts with pink pumpkins and cobwebs, Marye’s Diner, the Ghosticle Graveyard and more.
- Dress in costume.
- $0 – $38
- All Hallows’ Eve
- Oct 25-26, 31, Nov 1-2, The Speakeasy, 644 Broadway, Unit No. 10. at 9pm
- Tarot card reading, seances, vaudeville shows featuring magic acts, tap-dancing skeletons and Miss Eloise judging a costume contest.
- Premium tickets, 8:30 p.m. with ghost stories in the bar. $90 – $110.
- Randall Museum Family Halloween Day
- Oct. 26, 199 Museum Way, from 10am – 2pm
- Come in costume and enjoy creepy crafts, ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, live music, entertainment, pumpkin carving and more.
- Free admission
- Mega Halloween Party
- Oct 26, The Westin St. Francis, 335 Powell St. from 9pm – 1:30am
- One-of-a-kind special Halloween Ball with four rooms magically decorated, ten DJs, dancers, drummers and more.
- $30 – $400
Don’t be afraid, he’s only part dinosaur! Instagram (@chuckiechihuahua)
- Monsters Bash
- Oct 26, USS Hornet Museum, 707 W. Hornet Ave., Pier 3. from 7:30pm – Midnight
- Costume contest, no-host bar, food vendors, haunted corridor, live music and dancing.
- Halloween Carnival
- Oct 25, Albany Community Center, 1249 Marin Ave. from 6:30pm – 8:30 pm.
- Games, activities, cookie decorating and prizes.
- Halloween on Solano
- Oct 31, Solano Avenue from 3pm – 6pm.
- Trick-or-treat at most stores and offices from 3 – 5pm.
- Costume contest 5 – 6pm. Cash prizes, adult and kid categories.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Oct 31, UC Theatre, 2036 University Ave., Berkeley from 8pm – Midnight
- Relive this cult classic onscreen, complete with the Bay Area’s premier live cast.
- Audience participation is encouraged. Burlesque show included, plus prizes for best costumes.
- $16.50 – $26.50
- Haunted Train
- Oct 18 – 20, 25 – 27, 34600 Ardenwood Blvd., Fremont from 7pm – 9:30pm (trains every 30 minutes)
- This fun, spooky (but family-friendly) ride through the dark forest at Ardenwood Historic Farm is designed especially for families with children under 12.
- Oct 26, Downtown Hayward from 5pm – 11pm
- Dress up as your best undead self and venue-hop to raise funds for Hayward Animal Shelter Volunteers. Raffles and costume contests.
- New Parkway’s Halloween Screenings
- Through October, 474 24th St.
- The month long Halloween fest features such movies as “It Follows”, “A Nightmare on Elm Street”, “Mad God” and “Night of the Living Dead.”
- The vampire mockumentary “What We Do in the Shadows” is co-presented by Laughing Monk Brewery on Oct. 26 and ticket includes a free beer.
- The screening of “Nosferatu” on Oct. 27 is accompanied by live music.
- $8 – $15
- Halloween Costume Party Midnight Cruise
- Oct 25, Bay Celebrations, 1 Broadway at 10:30pm
- Cash prizes for best costumes, sounds by William Stokes, food and drinks available for purchase.
- $40 – $150
- Boo! Bark, Brews & Bites
- Oct 27, Jack London Square from 11am – 4pm
- Live music, beer and wine garden, food, crafts, pet photos, caricatures, festival booths and more.
- The celebration coincides with DogFest Bay Area, a quarter-mile walk along the waterfront celebrating Canine Companions for Independence.
- Free admission
- Oakland Zoo Events: Boo at the Zoo
- Oct 26 – 27, Oakland Zoo from 10am – 3pm
- Wander through the zoo in costume and collect treats. Ride a spooky boo train, get your face painted, make treats for the animals and participate in hands-on Halloween themed activities.
- Kids in costume receive a free ride ticket.
- $20 – $24
The life of a cowboy is never dull! Instagram (@chuckiechihuahua)
Half Moon Bay
- Art and Pumpkin Festival
- Oct 19 – 20, Main Street from 9am – 5pm
- Browse 250 vendor booths and enjoy live music, pie-eating contests, pumpkin carving and a parade, plus food, beer and wine.
- Free admission
- Redwood Symphony Halloween Family Concert
- Oct. 27, Main Theater, Cañada College, 4200 Farm Hill Blvd., Redwood City at 3pm
- Tour the orchestra and enjoy music by Kodály, Copland, Bates and Sousa. Children will meet the musicians and learn about the instruments — and they can enter a raffle to conduct the orchestra.
- $15 – $35
- Haunted Howl-O-Ween Party
- Oct 30, Wag Hotels, 1025 Hansen Way, Redwood City from 6pm – 8pm
- Photos with Cruella de Vil, a costume contest with prizes, trick-or-treat goodies, local vendors and more.
- $5 – $15
- Haunted Hangar Party
- Oct 26, Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Road. from 5:30pm – 9pm
- Join ghosts, skeletons, witches and warlocks for fun and surprises. Enjoy drinks, burgers, dancing to DJ music and wandering the creepy museum gallery.
- $0 – $18
- Fright Night in the Cellar
- Nov 1, Domenico Winery, 1697 Industrial Road. from 7pm – 11pm
- Halloween party and costume contest. Music, ‘horror d’oeuvres,’ cash bar, prizes and more.
- $25 – $700
- Haunted House Maze @SVE
- Oct 25-26, 56 42nd Ave. from 7pm – 11pm
- Haunted House Maze with trunk or treat around the block. Includes music and treats for sale.
- Dress in costume.
- Haunted Depot
- Oct 18-19, 25-26, 31, 90 First Street
- The railroad depot has been transformed into a frightful depository of ghosts, goblins and spirits.
- Halloween costume contest and sidewalk stroll, 10am Oct 26, First Street with a “Canine & Critter” costume contest at noon.
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Oct 11-13, 18-20, 25-27, Bay Area Stage Broadway Theatre, 515 Broadway St.
- A Halloween tale that will take you back to the black-and-white movie days of Vincent Price. Hill house is cut off from the outside world and shunned by all who know its sinister reputation.
- $20 – $22
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Fright Fest
- Check park schedule for hours.
- Enjoy thrills and activities for the whole family throughout the day and come back for a truly frightening evening of fun after the sun goes down. Fright Fest offers a wide variety of places to get your scare on including several haunted houses and scare zones located throughout the park.
- Pumpkin Nights
- Oct 10 – Nov 3, Sonoma County Fairgrounds, 1350 Bennett Valley Road. from 5:30pm – 10:30pm
- Venture along a half-mile walking path, where you’ll discover the Forbidden Pumpkin City, a pirate’s cove, and more fantastical lands built using over 3,000 hand-carved real and artificial pumpkins.
- The celebration continues with entertainment and games in Pumpkin Central.
- $0 – $22
- Winchester Mystery House Halloween Events
- October through Nov 2, 525 S. Winchester Blvd. Sarah’s Spirited Supper from 7pm – 10pm
- Oct 19. An intimate, four-course gourmet Halloween-themed dinner in the Estate’s ballroom. $259
- Trick-or-Treat-Trail, 12pm – 4pm. Oct 26-27. Visitors search for candy, tricks and treats from caretakers of the Estate. Also includes games, bouncy houses and additional activities. Free
- Unhinged, A fully immersive, multi-sensory horror experience through Nov 2. Step into a real-life psychological and paranormal thriller, while exploring the dark hallways of the cursed Winchester Estate. Not recommended for children under the age of 13. $44 – $54.
- California’s Great America Halloween Haunt
- Occurs every Fri, Sat, Sun from Oct to Nov 2
- Great America turns into a scare fest for all. Features 8 mazes, 5 live shows, and of course scary rides.
- $30 – $50
- Dead-Time Dreams
- Oct 4 – Nov 2 from 7:30pm to 11pm on weekdays and 7:30pm to Midnight on weekends
- Horrifying mazes and madhouses that scare everyone that enters them.
- The Ultimate Halloween Party
- Oct 26 at The Glass House, 2 S. Market Street, San Jose) from 9pm – 2am
- The best Halloween party of the year. Several DJs will be on hand throughout the evening pumping out party music all night long.
- Dress upscale or in costume.
- $15 – $25